Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Printer / Cutter

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jack420, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Jack420

Jack420 New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    United kingdom
    Sorry if im posting tbis in the wrong place, basically i make labels for glass jars and other random stuff. Do it daily but only very small scale, im just using self adhesive gloss paper with a canon pixma ix6580 and a small shilouette cameo 3 to cut them with. My labels are far from high quality.. basically i want to start printing on vinyl, is it possible to get a seperate printer and cutter for around £2000 that could print decent quality cheap vinyl labels? I litterally know very little about large format printers (apart from looking online at prices). The most common printer that pop up is the canon imageprograf. Are these good for vinyl labels? Thanks in advance for you help and advise.

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    I would recommend a Primera label printer for what you want to do - labels for Jars. Past this, its a very large jump to true vinyl printers.