• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer didnt cap correctly?

Signed Out

started printing this morning and print looked like crap. didi a test print and hardly any nozels are firing. looked at the heads and I can see rings on ink rings on all the heads. Does this mean it didn't park in the capping station over night? What should I do, already did a normal clean and it did nothing. should i soak a swab with cleaning solution and hold it to the print head??

Signed Out

testprint.jpg

now im looking at it while the carriage is parked and it looks like the capping stations haven't come up all the way. worse on the left side and almost capped on the right which is consistent with my test print. Think i have a bad servo?

Signed Out

powered down, unplugged, waited a couple minutes and turned back on. it capped correctly and am now doing a clean and praying for a good test print.

Jack Knight1979

You'll be able to get that totally recovered. Soak the heads for about an hour and then do two regular cleanings, or a couple mediums cleanings. Powerful cleanings are pointless.

If you can't recover after a head soak and two mediums you may have to flush cleaning solution through the head via syringe. Then do another head soak and a light cleaning. You'll be back in business.

I have done powerful in the past, but not necessary.

Signed Out

ok test print is good now. Anybody have a clue why it wouldn't cap correctly? Guess i'll be checking that everytime i close up for the night now.

Signed Out

after just a normal clean, the test print was perfect minus 2 cyan dashes that have never fired on a test print. Just doing a manual clean now and going to press a swab to the heads. Never done a head soak, how is it done?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland head soak

after just a normal clean, the test print was perfect minus 2 cyan dashes that have never fired on a test print. Just doing a manual clean now and going to press a swab to the heads. Never done a head soak, how is it done?

Go to the signs101 SEARCH and enter the term ROLAND HEAD SOAK. Hang in there, you are doing great!