• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer for Posters?

Colin

I just got an email from a freind of mine, asking this:

My boss here at work wants to buy a poster maker, and then sell printing services to graduate students. Any recommendations for brands/models?

I dunno; any suggestions folks?

Biker Scout

About 2k per month... it's kinda like a giant copy machine in terms of leasing and service. But it's fast... real fast. 300 2x3 posters an hour fast! If you can't find a market for that, then it's probably not for you.

It can print on valeron, and a velum type of paper for backlit stuff. As well as some special clear and white adhesive stuff as well. It's good enough for 80% of the kind of signage we get here in Las Vegas. Can't fully replace a solvent printer.

toomeycustoms

oce makes some nice poster printers..

We have an Oce colorwave 600 and its quick, but the quality is not great compared to our Canon Imageprograf. Its good for those quick posters or line drawings. You can also feel the ink on the paper and you can't hot laminate it. You are also limited on your paper choices. It won't print on any type of gloss paper or scrim banner.

How much does that run?

We looked at the Kip Color 80. Cost was around $85k plus a sq ft charge for the monthly maintenance and its not toner inclusive. Looks like a much better machine than the Oce, it just was just out of our budget range.