• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer head is jamming while cleaning??

graphix28

I'm using a verscamm vp300. makes this loud clicking noise then gives me "service call 0109". they told me it is something with the wiperblades. anyone have this issue before?

Thanks for your help!

Here ya go - This should help. Most likely you need to clean the cable guides - the plastic protection strips that run with the white flat cable, these get sticky and make the sound JUST BEFORE the flat cable flexes and breaks wires inside - Do yourself a favor and clean with ALCOHOL ONLY! Dont get the encoder strip dirty while you do this. Other than that -
1) Wiper Origin Motor Replacement
2) Wiper Unit Replacement
3) Wiper Origin Sensor Replacement
4) Cable and Flexible Cable Replacement

InkjetAuction

Wiper Protection Error

The error that you are getting is a machine protection error. The printer stops because it is not sensing the wipers where it thinks that they are supposed to be.

Could be that the belt on the wiper motor is damaged or loose, perhaps the sensor itself is damaged or the wires are loose.

If this happens, just open the side cover, and manually "push" the wipers into it's little "home" behind the wiper scraper. Then turn the machine back on.

If the problem continues, call your dealer/technician. Unless you have an older VP, you are probably covered under warranty.

Hope this helps!

~E

mrkawliga

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? My XC-540 is doing the same thing from time to time as soon as I turn the machine on. Seems to be on colder mornings but that could be a coincidence. Cycling power usually solves it but is not a permanent fix. It clicks like plastic gears grinding right before the error.

GSGservice

0109 is the wiper blades not the cutter cable and guides but those should be cleaned anyway on a monthly basis at least. Clean the metal shelf underneath them. The 0109 is mist likely the wiper blades or scraper are either dirty and need to be cleaned or the scraper broke off. One way to check is while in cleaning mode arrow down to wiper replace and remove the wipers then run the machine through a cleaning. if the problem goes away it was the wipers put in new ones. The scraper is located behind the wipers, behind a metal cover. It also could be the belt has ink on it so it is slipping.