• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Heater Settings?

Bill72

We got a new OKI (Seiko) Color Painter M-64 a couple months ago, still playing around and dialing it in. This printer has 3 heaters a preheater to heat the media before print, a print heater, and an after print heater for drying. No where can I find recommended settings for what temp I should set these too. Our sales "rep" who set it up and did the "training" was.....worthless, to put it nicely. The manual only says heating settings must be set to correct temp but offers no guidelines. Anybody have any help for me? If not for this printer any general guidelines for heat settings.

Also i should mention I print mostly on wrap vinyl....3M IJ180, Arlon SLX supercast, Avery Dennison 1105SC, some light weight banner and canvas.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As hot as you can get without the media buckling is my general rule of thumb. Media will always buckle when just sitting on the heater so make sure you are running prints while you use trial and error to get the perfect settings. Each materiel will be different. In geenral I crank the post heater up 100% as it does not affect the buckling and it helps the ink dry faster.