• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"printer is disconnected" message when it isnt.

gnatt66

vp-300i had it for a week. has given me a few wonky messages here and there during the week, but nothing that a computer reboot and/or a printer restart couldnt fix. but for the last hour today it simply wouldnt connect.

i have a call into the rep, but as i am home now i figured i'd ask around for a clue.

i 'think' its a vista 64/versaworks issue..but i have read people have that combo here with success ( and i did for a week and about 10-12 prints).

any obvious things to look for when i get back to the shop?

gnatt66

yes ethernet via crossover cable. this morning i did add a second card and did away with the usb wireless adapter. however i didnt move the crossover cable i added ethernet via pci and it worked decent ( after some driver monkey business)

as a control i took that card out and went back to the way it was yesterday...didnt change anything.

i have another "design" pc (old amd dual core gateway)next to it, but the processor/ram doesnt come close to the nearly new vista64/6 gigs of ram that i want to use for versaworks. but if this is gonna be an issue i'll just try it all on my old faithful. (but i surely don't want to)

cgsigns_jamie

Ours is connected into our network. I don't know much about it when it's connected via a cross over. I'm sure someone else will be a bit more knowledgeable though.

adamfilip

I did an update of my vp-540 to firmware 3.1
and when i did VW couldnt connect

before the update i had my VW Ip address set to 10.0.0.109
and with the firmware update i needed to update it too 010.000.000.109

and it connected fine

ofcourse use your own IP.. im just showing formatting changes

gnatt66

mine is single digits, like your first example. hmph. it worked for a week, but ill try that first! thanks.

gnatt66

kinda sorta update. im pretty sure it was self inflicted...i havent been back to the shop but after a mental rewind, i think i did it. :Oops:

VW does not work with Vista 64bit. Check your ip address. Go to the VW and printers...check the printer "VERIFY" button and see if the printer and computer can see eachother. If not, then you may have a firewall that wont allow VW to connect with the printer, loose connection, wrong IP address, etc... and you may contact Roland directly and one of their techs will have you going quickly. Do you have a CoPeck tool that comes on the disk with the VW? You can use this when you talk with your local Roland Dealer over the phone-this is a great tool to use.

VINYLGRFX

VW.. works just fine on Vista 64 bit, You need to check all IP address in all your prefences and addresss conections, I had an issiue with the printer address after an update
and checked all ip address and found one unknown one, dont know were it came from, but cleared it out and put in the one that belongs in the Preferences page, and away we went...

Happy Printing! :wavingflag: