• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer is saying empty cartridge... help

So I purchased a used Aj-1000i cheap like 2,000 bucks cheap. It came with a bunch of stuff and the place had been using it just up until recently when they had a Vutek installed. When I went to look at it on Friday all was perfect. Printed great. I loaded it up into my enclosed trailer and drove 300 miles home.

Now it is saying the lt cyan cart is empty, as well as the lt magenta. The lt cyan is a full cartridge from the fell of it. The lt magenta is definitely almost out..

Any ideas what could or would cause this? Could it have been from the ride home?

ams

Hmm... I would suggest flushing the lines and starting with new ones and see what happens. Maybe it's not reading the cartridge or air in the line? Also completely reset the settings back to factory and see if that solves it.

rjssigns

Had a couple carts do that on my SP540V. I put innew carts and got the same no ink meesage. Polished the chips on my blue jeans and they've been working since. Maybe I got lucky, I dunno.

JG Tech

The AJ's read the chips differently than other Roland printers. Due to it having subtanks, supply pumps, etc, this is why they read the chips differently. When the subtank does not fill with ink on the demand, it assumes the ink cartridge is out of ink and writes to the chip it is out of ink. In service mode this can be fixed, but you need to look at if the pumps are actually supplying ink to the subtanks. And if the sensors are working properly at the subtanks.

DoubleDiamond

Our old SP540V did this every time we put in a new cartridge. Our fix was simple. We pulled the black out about 1 inch and smacked it back in. Smacked it kinda hard and everything worked. I tried this with the cyan, but it only went back to working fine when we pulled the black out an inch and really smacked it back in... like the FONZ.