• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer issues

TheSFG

I recently started seeing a weird pattern on the pattern that we run along side our prints as a precaution as instructed by our local tech. he said it helps you see any issues while printing. so in the last few days this started..
attachment.php

I have ran multiple cleanings and my normal test print looks ok other than a couple dropped Lc.. 1) what problem is this and has anyone seen it 2) any idea on how to fix it and/or what problem this could cause me if not fixed?
attachment.php

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20160906_201204 (1).jpg
    20160906_201204 (1).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20160906_204026 (1).jpg
    20160906_204026 (1).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 159

WalkerP

At the end of the day what really matters is how your actual prints look. Are they showing issues like the color strip?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you printing on material you haven't printed on before? What's going on is the black is over saturated so it is bleeding into the other colors. This can be caused by heat settings being too low, material not accepting the ink as quickly as is should, profile issues etc. If the pattern is from the printer, I would say it's a material or heat issue. If it is a pattern from the RIP I would say it could be either material, heat or profile. If it's a new material or you are double striking on a material you never have before, the material is probably the issue.

There is a possibility that the ink is failing. Did you switch brands recently? Have you flushed the head or ink lines with cleaning solution recently?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Your nozzle test looks great.This looks like wrong profile for whatever material you're running. Ink limits are too high and it's saturated.