• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printer Management

Alan Menhennet

Hi

I've recently bought another CJV30. I now want to run them on one PC. But when I try and install them on Printer Management it says the name is duplicated

They are both named CJV30-01 under my device management in Windows. So i managed to register one by unplugging the other. But as soon as I try and install the second one it says the name is duplicated.

I also cant seem to change the names in control panel.

Any advice?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You don't need to bother with Windows drivers for these printers. Just make sure the Mimaki USB driver is installed, set the printers up in the RIP and just make sure to name them differently in Rasterlink.

Alan Menhennet

You don't need to bother with Windows drivers for these printers. Just make sure the Mimaki USB driver is installed, set the printers up in the RIP and just make sure to name them differently in Rasterlink.

Thats the trouble, I cant even get to the point where I select the second one to install it in Printer Management.
As soon as I plug the second one in and go to add it I get an error message stating the name is duplicated.
So I think it is refering to them both being called "CJV30-01" in Windows.

So the plan was to name one CJV30-130 and the other CJV30-160 (Because thats the two I have), but I cant seem to get that far.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thats the trouble, I cant even get to the point where I select the second one to install it in Printer Management.
As soon as I plug the second one in and go to add it I get an error message stating the name is duplicated.
So I think it is refering to them both being called "CJV30-01" in Windows.

So the plan was to name one CJV30-130 and the other CJV30-160 (Because thats the two I have), but I cant seem to get that far.

When you add the printer in Rasterlink, the window pops up and you select the machine model from the list, the color setup, and the communication. Then there is an, "Available Printers" box that you select the printer from and it should show the machine serial number. Under the, "Available Printers" box is another box to name the printer. You can name it whatever you want as long as it's unique. When I first started installing these printers, I always forgot that part because the box wasn't very apparent. The default name for the printer is CJV30-01 which is why when you go to add the second one it's conflicting.

Alan Menhennet

So are you saying I can change thr name in the "available printers" box? The name that says CJV30-01 (this is what is the duplicated name) ?

Because the box that says "Printer Name" i cant get that far

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You change the name in the "Printer Name" box but you can only name the printer if there is a printer selected in the "Available Printers" box.

Alan Menhennet

See, that is the problem.
Instead of serial number in the "available printers" box, the description is CJV30-01 for both of them so that is the problem.

Could it be that I only ran the one printer driver CD? Should I have ran the other printer driver disc for the other printer as well?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
windows identifies a printer based on hardware id, the name oiy identifies itself with and PORT NAME (network ip address/mac address combo, that long stupid hardware id for usb).

i assume windows 10?
go to settings>devices & printers>add a printer
as soon as it starts searching, click on the blue hyperlink "my printer isn't listed"
click next
you will have a. page that allows 6 different ways to find/identify the printer

if not windows 10, let me know what os it is

it has to be connected to a unique port
give printer 2 a different ip address or plug it into a different usb port LEAVING THE FIRST ONE PLUGGED IN

when you get to printer name, make a change (printer 2 for example)

i have 3 older epson 7600's with different ink sets, 2 epson 9600's and 2 older hp laserjet 4000's

unique port should solve your problem, do not unplug one from it's usb port and try to plug identical printer into the same printer cable

Alan Menhennet

windows identifies a printer based on hardware id, the name oiy identifies itself with and PORT NAME (network ip address/mac address combo, that long stupid hardware id for usb).

i assume windows 10?
go to settings>devices & printers>add a printer
as soon as it starts searching, click on the blue hyperlink "my printer isn't listed"
click next
you will have a. page that allows 6 different ways to find/identify the printer

if not windows 10, let me know what os it is

it has to be connected to a unique port
give printer 2 a different ip address or plug it into a different usb port LEAVING THE FIRST ONE PLUGGED IN

when you get to printer name, make a change (printer 2 for example)

i have 3 older epson 7600's with different ink sets, 2 epson 9600's and 2 older hp laserjet 4000's

unique port should solve your problem, do not unplug one from it's usb port and try to plug identical printer into the same printer cable

Thats correct, im Using Windows 10 Pro.