• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Not Recognized

BrianK

I recently changed my wifi and router, and now versworks (6) says my vs-300i is not connected. When in the printer settings I hit verify I get the device not found error message. I've restarted my printer, desktop, versaworks and the new router to no avail. What can I do?

netsol

this has nothing to do with windows update.
he needs to match the ip addresses of the NEW ROUTER & the printer
both devices will have an ip address like: 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx
the first 3 sets of numbers MUST MATCH
different brands of router come OUT OF BOX with different default settings
ONE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED

BrianK

this has nothing to do with windows update.
he needs to match the ip addresses of the NEW ROUTER & the printer
both devices will have an ip address like: 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx
the first 3 sets of numbers MUST MATCH
different brands of router come OUT OF BOX with different default settings
ONE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED
I changed the ip address on my printer to match the new router but versworks still can't find my printer. I should tell you that I'm using another router (netgear) as a hup for my pc, summa vinyl plotter as well as my digital printer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I changed the ip address on my printer to match the new router but versworks still can't find my printer. I should tell you that I'm using another router (netgear) as a hup for my pc, summa vinyl plotter as well as my digital printer.
Check your PC's IP address to make sure it's in the same subnet as the printer too.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Uninstall latest Windows Update.
The error caused by the latest Windows update only affects USB devices. Netsol and Solventinkjet are on the right path. When something on the network changes and you have problems, look at the network for the solution.

Good luck

netsol

Check your PC's IP address to make sure it's in the same subnet as the printer too.
You complicate things, using a router as a switch you need to disable wireless, DHCP and wan type in setup.this router applies a subnet mask and only passes packets where the numbers all match & the may route your packets out the wan connection

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You complicate things, using a router as a switch you need to disable wireless, DHCP and wan type in setup.this router applies a subnet mask and only passes packets where the numbers all match & the may route your packets out the wan connection
What I'm thinking is maybe he had his computer setup on a static IP prior to this new setup and the new router is using a different configuration. In that case he would just need to change the computer's IP or just tell it to use DHCP.

BrianK

I don't really understand what everyone's talking about. I have t-mobile internet. I called t-mobile and asked where I could find the ip address for this gateway and he said it doesn't have a permanent one; it moves around! wtf! When I do a search for my printer in versaworks 6 it doesn't find one.

BrianK

I have no idea as to what you're talking about or how to fix it. Please explain. Thank you

BrianK

would it be better if I got an ethernet hub and did away with the netgear router?

BrianK

If this helps, here's my settings: PC: IPv4 address: 192.168.12.119 Digital Printer: IP: 192.168.001.100; Gateway Address: 192.168.001.100; Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.000

JBurton

Signtologist
PC: IPv4 address: 192.168.12.119 Digital Printer: IP: 192.168.001.100
Helps if you look at it like this:
PC:
Printer
See how you're third set of numbers isn't the same as your first? Something's not right here. Simplest thing would be to drop a switch in place of the router. Most complicated thing would be to learn all about IP addresses, Tmobile modem settings, and netgear router settings, then use your new found knowledge to start an IT business, and while you're at it you could fix that pesky printer...

netsol

ALL 4 DEVICES need to be in the same subnet
the router is a "smart" device
unless you clear everything in it's programming,, it will send data IN IT'S SPECIFIED SUBNET out the wan connection.

IT MAY OR MAY NOT pass things through that are in a different subnet. THIS DEPENDS ON IT'S FIRMWARE
I have no idea as to what you're talking about or how to fix it. Please explain. Thank you

the router has a fairly complicated set of functions & instructions. since you don't understand them, and since the untrained cable company people don't either, the easiest thing is to replace it

due to a thing called UNIVERSAL PLUG & PLAY the router learned what you used it for, over the years, SO i don't have enough information to tell you the things that need to be changed

coltonwanderson

I am not a network guy, so I can relate to being confused with everything, I also could be totally off base as to what the issue is. But, as a tech I had a customer call because they had the same thing happen, so I can at least suggest what I did to fix it.

1. Open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" hit enter. It should bring up a list of info. Scroll until you find something that looks like this:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.7.22
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.1.1

Take note of ipv4. the subnet mask, and the gateway.
2. On the printer, go to menu, system info, network. Set the subnet mask and the default gateway to match exactly the values that you just took note of respectively. For the IP address in the printer, set it so that the first three sets of numbers are identical to the value you took note of, but set the last one to a different number. So, based on this example your printers setting should look like this:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.7.80
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.1.1

3. Change the printers IP address in the versaworks settings and click verify to see if it works.

I doubt that you have alot of devices on your network, so chances are the ip address you pick will be open. It's possible that something else shares it, so if it doesn't work the first try you may try a few more times with a different number in the last sectin oof the ip address in the printer. So in my example you could try 10.0.7.90, 10.0.7.30, 10.07.42, etc.