• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Opinions Wanted

Dallas225

It may be in your best interest to buy a new machine, whether it be a new Hp or something else.. and fix your current HP. we have that latex and plan to keep our Roland and replace a few things and change the black head in it.. No harm in having 2 machines, we would have been royally screwed many times without two (as you know!). I've heard people whining about these new latex machines and how long they take to warm up, etc.. i havent seen these issues - that 365 is warmed up and printing within 2 minutes.. and i can print a 4'x8' panel in under 15 minutes including the warm up and dry time. I dont know how fast that older HP is of yours, but my roland would take 40 minutes to print a 4x8 in a reasonable quality resolution - from what a few friends have said, their newer rolands arent that much faster.. keep in mind that roland is a cut/print single cmyk machine. either way - depending on how much you print, it shouldnt take that long to pay for one of the machines you are looking at... but i would try the trailing cable.. whats the worst that happens?? you end up changing a cable and a board.. but theoretically it should work with one or the other.. or both.. All i know is outsourcing prints for us would lose alot of clients.. so sometimes - you just have to "do what you gotta do"!

dale911

President
I am fortunate so far that I haven't had that problem with my 25500. I have had other issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself. I had an ink flood when working on replacing a fan and found that he waste ink had backed up in the printer. That was a mess to clean up. I have also had complete dropouts of black on longer runs. I recently added a Mimaki cjv-150 and am extremely happy with it except that I can't use my prints right away. Laminate next day is a pain but I love the print/cut option. I do a lot of decals that don't get laminated and having the ability to tell it to print and cut and just walk away is great. The solvent ink is also easier to hit colors with. I am going to change the ink set soon to the orange and light black version to increase the gamut. I still use my latex machine regularly and it saved me this morning as I needed to redo some prints. They both have their place. If the color gamut was larger in latex, I wouldn't use anything else. I wish you luck. Also, fight with Grimco on the price. They are always high on everything until I talk the price down and then it's better than everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk