• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Options / High Intensity Reflective Signs

Christian @ 2CT Media

Out of curiosity, why those 2 systems? The HP system is not backed up by one, single manufacturer. For every issue, you need to talk to someone else. Also, the warranties for this system are quite complex and somewhat "thin". It almost seems like each color has it's own warranty. The same for the OKI. This is sold and serviced by one party and the other one sells the sheeting. What about in case something happens? Who is going to support you as claims can become quite big in the regulated traffic sign business?
The Oki and HP Latex are supported by 3M and warrantied. The Latex is being reviewed by Avery (last told).

DTP2

The Oki and HP Latex are supported by 3M and warrantied. The Latex is being reviewed by Avery (last told).

So if the hardware breaks, it's 3M that will take care of it? Or do you have to call another service provider? And I can tell you that Avery Dennison is currently not reviewing the HP Latex printers.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I can tell you that they are, We are in discussions with them about it all the time.

If machines break you would deal with the machine manufacturer, Just like you would with any system on the market.

DTP2

I can tell you that they are, We are in discussions with them about it all the time.

If machines break you would deal with the machine manufacturer, Just like you would with any system on the market.

If the Avery Dennison TrafficJet breaks, you deal with Avery Dennison Technical Services. I am not aware anyone of the competitors offers the same level of service. And as far as the HP Latex printer as an Avery Dennison solution for permanent traffic signage, I can tell you that there currently is not such a thing in the pipeline. I am the globally responsible person at Avery Dennison Reflective Division for future developments of hard- and software, so I would know ;)

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

If the Avery Dennison TrafficJet breaks, you deal with Avery Dennison Technical Services. I am not aware anyone of the competitors offers the same level of service. And as far as the HP Latex printer as an Avery Dennison solution for warranted traffic signage, I can tell you that there currently is not such a thing in the pipeline. I am the globally responsible person at Avery Dennison Reflective Division for future developments of hard- and software, so I would know ;)
Tell your US division to stop communicating this to users here then.

ikarasu

If the Avery Dennison TrafficJet breaks, you deal with Avery Dennison Technical Services. I am not aware anyone of the competitors offers the same level of service. And as far as the HP Latex printer as an Avery Dennison solution for permanent traffic signage, I can tell you that there currently is not such a thing in the pipeline. I am the globally responsible person at Avery Dennison Reflective Division for future developments of hard- and software, so I would know ;)

Why would you want to deal with Avery when they dont make the printer, and just rebrand it? No offence, but I'd rather deal with HP directly. Even then... we don't deal with HP, we deal with the local dealers/techs in our area. I;m sure if I had an issue with the trafficjet, I'd call up our local tech to come fix it... not Avery.

Avery uses trafficjet.... 3M Uses HP Latex... Nikkalite uses oki. Which printer you should buy depends on what material your shop uses. Avery is OK, but most people around here put tenders out requiring 3M Sheeting... so having a traffic jet would be useless to us.

I'm all for you promoting Avery and its printers... it's not a bad system. or pointing out one of Latex's flaws... just don't exaggerate saying the latex isn't supported/backed up, just because 3M Doesn't provide technical support for a printer they don't manufacture themselves. Each system has its ups and downs, no need to turn into roland and run a smear campaign. When I saw rolands page about latex, it just showed me they were afraid of the technology and made me want to buy it more!