• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Options (Low Cost Investment)

CrAkD

your not going to get a clean SP-300 for under $5000. I just got one for $5500 and it needed work. make sure whoever you buy it from is willing to guarantee it works at least for a little while.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not forget buying a printer/cutter or anything and start your business by creating artwork, logos and files ?? Put your money to better use and do some upfront advertising and find out what your target audience is going to be. With only $3k to spend, you aren't gonna get jack, so put your efforts into yourself, instead of some useless machine at this point. Everyone is always saying..... ya gotta start somewhere. So, don't jump in the deep end til ya get your feet wet up in the shallow end. Test the waters and prevent yourself some of the miseries we're always hearing about.

It takes more than just confidence, these days.

knucklehead

May i ask, why?

Of course you may.

You don't have the budget for screen printing, you probably don't have the room for a screen print set-up, unless you're thinking of doing it at your kitchen table, like they do on the YouTube.

reQ

Of course you may.

You don't have the budget for screen printing, you probably don't have the room for a screen print set-up, unless you're thinking of doing it at your kitchen table, like they do on the YouTube.

Well, maybe topic starter does not have money & room for screen printing set up, but hes not saying hes doing it right away. I did not have room in my first shop for screen printing equipment also, but bought it after i moved. So telling some one to forget about something because he does not have resources at this moment is stupid.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
For 6 grand after parts you cam have my Roland vp540 and have both in one unit. It needs a few parts but I don't have the room for it that is the only reason I have not got it back online. No space in my 300 ft shop.

visual800

you got 3k? save your money but do buy some design software. We use Flexi and Illustrator (non-cloud) buy all your prints from signs365. There is no sense in jumping all into an already flooded market of printers and plotters. Do this , hone your skills and maybe later get a printer of your own

Jackpine

Vinyl cutters

Vinyl cutters....Graphtec CE 24" series and Summa D75 30". Both have OPS for contour cutting. Save up for a printer and job them out for now. Corel is a good full featured deal for design and cutting.