• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer problem? or Rip software problem?

Allied Digital

When I send a print (with contour cut) to Mutoh (1204) It doesn't leave enough room on the edges for the pinch rollers in the plotter!

When the printer initializes and reads media width (using 30") it reads correctly - as 761mm but when it prints it throws the registration marks all the way to the edge.

It visually appears in the flexi, rip as it is giving me the 3" on either side, but when it print, the margin isn't there! In fact - I can have 6 nice rows of 10 (or whatever) and it will print 5 rows of 10 and the 6th row will have 4 in it!!!

I have been trying to resolve this ALL DAY!!
It started with all my grey gradients within Bitmap imports looking like cepias (pinkish). I feel so beat down by this. The only thing I have done is clean the printer (in the same way I always have) and loaded a new cartridge of ink.

I am so frustrated. :help

I am going to bed.