• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer problem? or Rip software problem?

Allied Digital

When I send a print (with contour cut) to Mutoh (1204) It doesn't leave enough room on the edges for the pinch rollers in the plotter!

I will say - I have posted this same info in another forum. I was unsure...

When the printer initializes and reads media width (using 30") it reads correctly - as 761mm but when it prints it throws the registration marks all the way to the edge.

It visually appears in the flexi, rip as it is giving me the 3" on either side, but when it print, the margin isn't there! In fact - I can have 6 nice rows of 10 (or whatever) and it will print 5 rows of 10 and the 6th row will have 4 in it!!!

I have been trying to resolve this ALL DAY!!
It started with all my grey gradients within Bitmap imports looking like cepias (pinkish). I feel so beat down by this. The only thing I have done is clean the printer (in the same way I always have) and loaded a new cartridge of ink.

I am so frustrated.

I am going to bed.

Allied Digital

Grey gradient in image prints cepia-looking WHY!!??

Do you think it could be a bad ink cartridge? - yet solid vector blacks do print black!

907customs

This sure sounds like a setting problem in Flexi, or Production Manager. I may be of some assistance, but I would need screen shots of your settings, just before you send the file from the Rip/Print window. I'll PM you my email if you want to send these to me, I'd be happy to rule this out as the problem.

Ken

MachServTech

Randya is way more expert at this type of printer. Maybe he will chime in, or you could PM him (her? don't want to be sexist)

SE SignSupply

It visually appears in the flexi, rip as it is giving me the 3" on either side, but when it print, the margin isn't there! In fact - I can have 6 nice rows of 10 (or whatever) and it will print 5 rows of 10 and the 6th row will have 4 in it!!!

This is a problem with Flexi, the printer is not "smart" enough to rearrange a print job.

I have seen the problem you are speaking of, I have the customer re-layout and re-rip the file.

randya

Your color cast is profile.
You might try and reduce the amount of magenta using a color filter.

You probably want to set your media size approx 2" less than the width of your media.
An inch on each side for the rollers.

Be sure and set your media width in cutter options to be the EXACT same width.