• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Problem

ChrissyF

Hello,

I am relatively new to the graphics/signmaking business. I was working on a proect and the vinyl jammed causing my printer to shut off and it will not re-start? Is there a re-set? or something else, or do I need to have someone come and take a look? It's been a couple of days and the printer will still not turn on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chrissy

Hello,

I am relatively new to the graphics/signmaking business. I was working on a proect and the vinyl jammed causing my printer to shut off and it will not re-start? Is there a re-set? or something else, or do I need to have someone come and take a look? It's been a couple of days and the printer will still not turn on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chrissy

You don't mention which brand of printer you have, but if I had to guess, I would guess a Mutoh. If this is the case (and even if it's not), I would physically disconnect the printer from the wall power outlet for at least 15 minutes, to allow the power in the capacitors to dissipate entirely. After at least 15 minutes, re-connect the power outlet to the wall and attempt to fire the machine up. If it does not, the next place to look is at the power supply in the printer.

ChrissyF

Thank you!

Yes, it is a Mutoh, I will disconnect it from the outlet for a bit and then re-connect to see if that works.

Thanks again!