• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer problems

What the heck causes this? An what's the fix? It's a RF-640

20221004_140548.jpg

Attachments

• 20221004_142432.jpg
    20221004_142432.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 138

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My first thought was a bad cap top or clogged pump tube but since all the nozzle are perfect except for cyan and yellow, I'm leaning more towards a bad damper or the head is damaged internally. If the dampers are older than 1 to 2 years old, that would be the more likely reason. If the damper doesn't fix it, the head is probably damaged internally. The cyan is getting into the yellow which either means the cap top isn't draining properly, the damper is not regulating the pressure properly, or the barrier between the channels has broken and the ink is mixing.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
I agree with Solventinkjet, but I always start with the cap top as there's less potential for damage to the print head. And make sure you're getting an OEM cap top. This is assuming that you haven't already replaced the cap top (with an OEM) in the last year.
Then try the dampers, but also take a look at the bottom of the print head. Sometimes you can see physical damage that would point to a bad head.

Good Luck