• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer problems

Deaton Design

I just recently bought an Epson Stylus Photo RX595 printer for my shop computer.
THe problem I am having is that when I turn it on, it freezes up my computer. It has worked a couple of times, but eventually this happens. I have tried hooking it up to the computers USB, a USB hub, and a powered USB hub, and it still happens.
Anyone have this problem, or have any ideas on what might be happening.
Im running windows XP.

THATgirl

sorry John I don't know what the problem is. I have gone thru quite a few printer problems myself, and have always found throwing them in the garbage a great relief if they don't cooperate.

Epsons were always huge troublemakers for me.

I just recently went to get a new printer and asked for the cheapest model. It is a HP and so far the best I have had.

Good luck

USB devices can be a tricky lot. It sounds like you have attempted various cable-related configurations, without any success.

I would de-install the drivers for the printer, and then pull down the latest driver set for the Epson printer. Here is the link:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...=63069457&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

Pay attention to the readme documentation. Sometimes something as simple as plugging in the printer at the wrong point in the installation can cause this type of flaky behavior.

Bob

Deaton Design

I have the latest set of drivers for the printer. Is it possible to uninstall the USB driver for my computer and then re-install?

S

SignTech

I have the latest set of drivers for the printer. Is it possible to uninstall the USB driver for my computer and then re-install?

Does the USB port you are using work fine with other peripherals? I would NOT uninstall the motherboard USB port drivers. Is the printer brand new?

Did you install the software prior to plugging in the printer?

Deaton Design

Yep, my other printer and mouse, etc. are working fine, but they are older. My usb is a SIS 7100 pci to usb host controller. Ive been checking on that, and it has problems with some devices. Im gonna put in a new pci usb card and try to get around it that way. I hope it works.

John,

Many printer manufacturers include "monitoring" software. Did you install yours? If so, you may want to try and remove it.

This has caused more grief than I care to remember.

Just a thought.