• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer question

turbotoys

I am buying a summa D60 SE cutter and I really want to do small color stickers. I am using this for a differant application but I thought it would be cool to be able to do small color stickers (10" and under) . Is there any cheap color printers out there say 12" or less ... Is there any way to use just a regular ink-jet printer ... I was hoping for water resistance and uv resistant .... Any printers you could recommend would be great ... Thank you

PMG

Ive seen a machine a wile back at another shop intown(Secret Shopper),,15 inch i think it was,,it was called THE STICKA,hope this helps! If you find anything on this machine,,Please Post it.......Ive been hunting for this machine my self!!

Chino

sorry Iam new around here am not shure if am doing this ok but, here is my advice first you should try a resin ink printer like the roland pnc-600
its a 24" it delivers 1200 dpi and this type of ink is water.

Chino

The Sticka is also a roland but probably for the same price in a used one you would get a 24" cutter not a roland hey the do the job.

ahollow

He has a Summa cutter; he doesn't need the Stika, which is a Roland 15" cutter.

If you are looking for supplies for inkjet printing, try http://www.papilio.com/

They have a lot of different papers for standard inkjet printers, and they work great. Order the 16 sheet assortment to try them all out. Also, using Clear Shield or Clear Jet wil help preserve the prints on their papers.

The problem you will have will be in registering the print with a contour cut line, and reg marks that can be read by your cutter. It can be done, but once I got Flexi Pro, Graphtec FC7000-75, and a Mutoh Jr 38" printer, I stopped using the inkjet printer, papers, and Stika.

wes70

You could buy an Epson c88 desktop printer. It prints 8.5" x 44" and uses Durabrite (pigment) ink. Make sure the decals are laminated.