• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Repair - Pics

Kenny

Had to do some emergency repairs on my 540v tonight...the left/right fixed pinch roller frames were sprung, and they would not clamp the media evenly. Not a problem until I did a print/lam/cut, then the media would skew (rollers not holding even tension).

I pulled the left/right pinch wheel assemblies and swapped parts with (2) of the removable pinch wheel assemblies. Had to pull the control board mount to get to a snap ring on the shaft (it was buried), but other than that it was pretty straight forward. One thing I did do was take LOTS of pics before and during disassembly.

Total time was about 2-hrs...took some time to clean stuff while I had it open (hopefully never again). Running some prints now...will lam and cut in the morning to see if it paid off.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 187
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 159
  • shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 171

Ken

Great idea to take pics before getting in too deep. I'll remember that next time I need to dig in..
Cheers!
Ken