• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer spinning

Celine

This has started to happen quite frequently the last few days. I send a print job, it starts printing fine and then part way through the printer starts to make this funny noise, almost like the foil is just spinning. and nothing gets printed from there on. I have to shut off the printer, turn it back on and resend the job.
Any hints??
Thanks A lot!!

mrmoto95

We have this happen as well. Don't know if this is it but we are thinking could be static electricity. We have ordered some static mats, havn't got them yet so I don't know for sure if that is the problem. Hope that helps, something to look into.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That is a classic setup problem with the Rainbow Sentinel Driver or the USB ports using power saving. The job gets sent from GSPPlot in part and when the next portion is asked for by the Edge the security dongle cannot be found, so the Edge just sits there waiting for the rest of the job and spins.

If you are using a USB dongle, check to see if you have power saving turned on for the USB ports. If it is, turn it off. If you are using an LPT dongle, check the settings in the Rainbow Sentinel Driver. If you are using an LPT dongle, and don't have a second LPT port for the Edge, that can also be a problem.

You might want to consider adding version numbers and model numbers to your hardware and software listings in your profile. It makes it easier to give better answers.