• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Suggestions

Bannerday

I have been making party banners with a simple pen plotter for the last 5 years. I would like to upgrade to a printer in ’08.

I just want to continue doing party banners, I won’t be doing any complicated graphics.

I am looking for a durable printer that can turn out inexpensive paper banners and lightweight outdoor banners.

The price of consumables will be an issue, so I think I’ll want to use a bulk ink system.

Any suggestions on a solid basic printer would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mary Ann

GK

Mary Ann,

regardless of your printer decision, just make sure you read very carefully about all the topics/posts here on the bulk ink systems on the market. Some work very well with certain machines and exactly the opposite with others. Blown print heads are a costly part of printing. Just a little something to keep in mind.

Bannerday

I would like to stay in the 10,000 area but my main concern is durability and getting a machine that fits my needs.

Michael

Mary Ann,

regardless of your printer decision, just make sure you read very carefully about all the topics/posts here on the bulk ink systems on the market. Some work very well with certain machines and exactly the opposite with others. Blown print heads are a costly part of printing. Just a little something to keep in mind.

At the same time though, bulk ink systems such as re-fillable cartridges may be worth the cost of the blown printheads.

Bannerday

Thanks for the input, but the gigantagram system is what I use now.
I want to upgrade so I can add photos and get more on a banner. The gigantagram system doesn't do well with small print.

Mary Ann