• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Tracking Problems??

kirkbedtelyon

Having major issues with our new 1624 not tracking properly. I'm loading and setting the media (wrap vinyls) by the book.

It buckles the material on the feed side (between roll and pressure rollers) and forces me to move the media to the right to work the buckle out. Ends up tracking to the right about 1" for 30' of run.

Doing it so much I covered the end of roll sensor to keep the printer from shutting down my print if the buckle happens to work its way over to the sensor. I'm having to baby sit the feed to keep it printing.

Suggestions anybody?

Thanks.

kirkbedtelyon

After speaking with the tech I've lowered the heat setting again on the feed side. It's better now but it still tracked off after about 30 - 40'. I had to move the infeed roll to compensate for the moving media and keep the buckeling down. Overall, it tracked off about 3/8 - 1/2" over 60'.

How much tracking off would you guys say is normal?

njshorts

ive never had a problem with our mutoh... when loading for roll-to-roll, use one hand to still the roll on the back of the machine, other hand to tension the vinyl on the front side, making sure that both sides of the vinyl are at an equal tension.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
After speaking with the tech I've lowered the heat setting again on the feed side. It's better now but it still tracked off after about 30 - 40'. I had to move the infeed roll to compensate for the moving media and keep the buckeling down. Overall, it tracked off about 3/8 - 1/2" over 60'.

How much tracking off would you guys say is normal?

1/2" in 60' is one part in 1440. With any friction feed device, one part in a thousand or so ought to be acceptable. Assuming that the axis of the roll of media is exactly parallel with the axis of the feed rollers. Something you might want to check.

Malkin

With our 54" roland, it would usually be nil to. 25" for 60ft continous printing. Assuming it was loaded straight.

kirkbedtelyon

use one hand to still the roll on the back of the machine, other hand to tension the vinyl on the front side, making sure that both sides of the vinyl are at an equal tension.

I've got a bum shoulder so reaching around the 1624 was a pain (literally). I ended up using spring clamps on the media holders to keep them from moving as I pulled the vinyl from the front...Works great.