• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer won't power up

hthurber

The power blinked at my shop and the printer turned off. When I tried to turn it back on... nothing. I've unplugged and tried turning it back on and still nothing. HELP!!!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The power blinked at my shop and the printer turned off. When I tried to turn it back on... nothing. I've unplugged and tried turning it back on and still nothing. HELP!!!

hthurber You didn't mention what model Mutoh you have. I will tell you that the ValueJet series have a self protecting power supply. When the power supply detects any issues with the incoming power it does shut down. To reset it leave the printer un-plugged from the wall and turn the power switch to the on position. Wait about 15 to 20 minutes and then turn the power switch to the off position and plug it back in. Then it should turn back on without any further issues.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it's an older 1204 with removable memory on the main board, you can take that out, air dust and re-install. With the machine unplugged of course. It sounds weird but 9 times out of 10 it works. If it doesn't work, you probably have electrical damage on the main board.

w2csa

Are you using a plug strip or outlet?
Can you check to see that you have power at that point?