Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer won't power up

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by hthurber, Sep 6, 2018.

1. hthurber

hthurber New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Alabama
    The power blinked at my shop and the printer turned off. When I tried to turn it back on... nothing. I've unplugged and tried turning it back on and still nothing. HELP!!!

Tags:
  2. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Merchant Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    hthurberhthurber You didn't mention what model Mutoh you have. I will tell you that the ValueJet series have a self protecting power supply. When the power supply detects any issues with the incoming power it does shut down. To reset it leave the printer un-plugged from the wall and turn the power switch to the on position. Wait about 15 to 20 minutes and then turn the power switch to the off position and plug it back in. Then it should turn back on without any further issues.

3. hthurber

hthurber New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Alabama
    Chris,
    It's a Valujet 1204 and I tried what you recommended - still no luck :(

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    If it's an older 1204 with removable memory on the main board, you can take that out, air dust and re-install. With the machine unplugged of course. It sounds weird but 9 times out of 10 it works. If it doesn't work, you probably have electrical damage on the main board.

5. w2csa

w2csa Active Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Canandaigua. NY
    Are you using a plug strip or outlet?
    Can you check to see that you have power at that point?

6. hthurber

hthurber New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Alabama
    I'm using the outlet and I've tried several.

7. studio 440

studio 440 Member

Jul 19, 2010
    cali
    surge protector is your friend

8. unmateria

unmateria Member

Nov 30, 2017
    zaragoza
    Yes, and sometimes is just the power button too (open It and clean with isopropyl alcohol)