Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printhead Cleaning Solution or alcohol and something else?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by 63Comet, Dec 7, 2015.

1. 63Comet

63Comet New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    pittsburgh
    I did notice that some people mix their own has anyone done this? I can make a purchase request for actual printhead cleaner but I was wondering if we could make our own.

2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    its special. Artbot makes his own out of a few diff't chemicals, but it's NOT mineral spirits. a simple smell test will tell you that.

3. 63Comet

63Comet New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    pittsburgh
    Ok, it was unclear to me but I figured before I have a purchase request in I'd ask.

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Former Merchant Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    PSA: Never use alcohol ever when it comes to cleaning your printer or flushing heads. It will clog your head at worst and dry your cap top rubber out at best. We did an experiment by pouring alcohol and solvent ink together. It coagulated almost on contact. You can use alcohol on the encoders and sensors though.

5. Ragnabrok

Ragnabrok Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Winnipeg
    It's mostly ether, but a mix of a few specific types. I probably wouldn't spray diesel starter on your heads though.