• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printhead Cleaning Solution or alcohol and something else?

63Comet

I did notice that some people mix their own has anyone done this? I can make a purchase request for actual printhead cleaner but I was wondering if we could make our own.

J Hill Designs

I have been looking into this but can't seem to find an answer, is this a special solution or can one use a solvent, like mineral spirits from the hardware store with the same results...

its special. Artbot makes his own out of a few diff't chemicals, but it's NOT mineral spirits. a simple smell test will tell you that.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
PSA: Never use alcohol ever when it comes to cleaning your printer or flushing heads. It will clog your head at worst and dry your cap top rubber out at best. We did an experiment by pouring alcohol and solvent ink together. It coagulated almost on contact. You can use alcohol on the encoders and sensors though.

Ragnabrok

It's mostly ether, but a mix of a few specific types. I probably wouldn't spray diesel starter on your heads though.