• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printhead for OCE 350GT - trouble recovering nozzles - replacement part

second city

Hi,

We have an Arizona 350GT that we've been running for the past 10 years with 256 inks. One of the cyan printheads has a few nozzles that we’re having trouble recovering. Over the past couple of years there have been 3-4 nozzles out but it hasn’t effected quality too much. Now we’re having more nozzle issues on the same printhead and are considering replacing it.

-Has anyone had any success recovering nozzles using a method other than the standard cleaning (swab with flush, purge, vacuum)?
-Has anyone purchased/installed 3rd party printheads? Getting original parts from Canon/Oce is extremely expensive since they've stopped making new parts for the 350.

Cheers,
Neal

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can try a short flush from the control panel "Tools & Utilities" menu:

1625008922790.png

It can occasionally get a blocked nozzle going again. I'd suggest doing this with a full bag installed. It doesn't use a massive amount of ink, but you don't want it emptying the bag during the procedure.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You can also buy a bag of flush and do the same thing.
Sometimes i'll give the head a bit of a scrub with a iso soaked swab.

For future reference, when you do have an out nozzle, you should recover it before it's to late.

second city

Thanks for the tips guys. Tried both the short flush and swabbing with Iso to no avail.
Leaning towards getting a new one. Only 2nd printhead replacement in 10 years, not bad.

netsol

Apologies for taking the thread off, on a tangent,,.
We just bought and, once color wave 300
It has been sitting, I need to identify their inkjet chemistry so I know what soLvents should be in my plan of attack.

Got a great deaL on a machine that looks brand new. This should be a vast improvement for paper signs.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It's a thermal inkjet as per most Canon printers, 9 heads in total (3 black and 2 per color (C, M, Y)). I'm not 100% sure, but would assume it's aqueous since it's mainly for paper printing, so water/isopropyl may get the heads going again.
New heads look to be around USD$180 RRP each online. Hopefully it can be resurrected cheaply.

netsol

It's a thermal inkjet as per most Canon printers, 9 heads in total (3 black and 2 per color (C, M, Y)). I'm not 100% sure, but would assume it's aqueous since it's mainly for paper printing, so water/isopropyl may get the heads going again.
New heads look to be around USD$180 RRP each online. Hopefully it can be resurrected cheaply.
thank you!
canon is not forthcoming with this kind of information

when I look at it, it reminds me of my old hp 5500 ps

do the oce's have expiration dates beyond which the machine rejects the print heads and inks?

sorry for the stupid questions, I have yet to get the printer out of the van

the machine is longer than the forks on the forklift, need to rent a small ramp truck

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
That's going to be a hard one to answer... Our Océ UV of the same age does not like expired inks at all.

I have a ColorWave tech about 200 yards from our workshop. I'll ask him when I see him next and see if he has any idea for you.

Ryan Quintana

I have not been able to get a Canon rep to look at my Oce 350GT in Grand Junction, CO USA. Do you guys have a USA Technician that helps you troubleshoot these issues on your printer outside of Canon?