• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printhead issues with Vaulejet 1204

Valentino

I have a 1204 that has had clogged nozzles for a few months. So I decided to do some rigorous cleaning today.

I notice that the head and manifold wasn't seated properly so I took out all the dampers and then unseated the print head and reseated it properly, put in the plastic clover that holders the print head down and then put the dampers back in. I made sure not to break any of the nipples on the manifold but I did notice that the dampers were very easy to push back on.

Well I got to start her up and wouldn't you know it.....only one side of the cyan is printing. ran multiple multiple cleaning sessions, got into the maintenance mode and tried firing the nozzles and while some of the cyan's work on on row, the whole other row is no printing.

No activity on the second set of nozzles, and then a small portion of the lower nozzles at the bottom of the other are missing.

I ordered new dampers but until they arrive can anyone figure out if I did something wrong or can help.

Valentino

I went ahead and took my MS apart and replaced the hoses to the capping station. I also went ahead and followed the tip about taking off that male to male connector and just feeding the tube into the drain tube.

Ran a cleaning and the Cyan nozzle set (C) is printing all 128 nozzles, but the D set is still at zero.

I am going to call Mutoh tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do before the wiper arrives. Will it ruin my head if the D channels have no ink for a day with no printing.