• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printhead leaking mutoh spitfire

Veka

Hello everyone, does anyone know the ansver all printhead leaking after cleaning cycle. When printhead clean up menaul and remove the hose from the pump one time is al Ok, and no drops. I changed pumps, dampers, vipers, caps and manifold. Thnx

Attachments

• 20140819_231602_LLS.jpg
    20140819_231602_LLS.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 20140819_231545_LLS.jpg
    20140819_231545_LLS.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 185

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
I think, you have air in printhead. control rubber O-ring in damper, where connect to manifold. I have too news damper, but when I control those O-ring, was hard then stone, then air can leak into the printhead. I replaced all O-ring with old O-ring from old dampers, where was good flexibly for feel on the hand And was noproblem.

FLAGLOFT

I have had this problem before, two things i have had to do is restart the machine. And when that did not work i found out that the coating on the bottom of the head is "gone", so i replaced heads and have not had the issue again.

Veka

I have a bulk ink system, but how will all head suddenly go? How to reduce the strain on the system?

FLAGLOFT

My head problem came from not keeping up on daily and weekly maintinance, i do not use a bulk ink system so i really dont know how to reduce strain on system

Veka

good nozzle test without connected pumps, and bad with pumps

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert M

too much pressure

what type of bulk system do you have. I have seen systems where just lowering the bulk tanks 1/4 of an inch reduces the pressure on the ink delivery system.

wunder

installed new CAP TOPs ? or you have any change at the CAP TOPs ?

At the captop is a air nipple....working follow....Cap top close the head.....sucks ink aso.....cap is close...the capping unit lower a little bit but the cap is close and the airvalve (nipple) opens and pump sucks the rest of ink from the cap top.

If the Airnipple (valve) clogged or dont work correct is always ink at the caps so the ink always under the heads after cleaning aso....

check if the long white plastic installed at he capping unit so they correct working.

Airleak at all heads (ink lines) is not so realistic...but can be ;-)

captop.jpg

By Roland Printers this nipple dont installed ! MUTOH DX4 very URGENT !!!

guitarguy69

I modified our 1604 dampers to the 1614 dampers, not sure if that can be done on your model? Also lowered the tanks as far as I could and put less ink into them. Instead of a liter in the tanks, the new max is 3/4 of a liter.
Not sure of your particular problem, but these little things helped us out.
Good luck sir.

wunder

I have already put new captop , and in ink line I do not see anywhere airbubble

new cap top says not thats correct working.....in your first picture you can detailed see thats not ink dropping out from the PH but you can see around the PH thats ink overflow from the Captops so the captops not clean up...always stay restink in there.

to check the captops correct working use a syring and you become negative pressure....1st step fine......after this you can lower a little bit the capping station thats only open the valve (not the close PH position) from the caps and suck again.....you must become air (no vacuum) on the syring.......thats you problem !!!

if caps close and become no vacuum (ink at syring) is the captop Valve open or demage...so its not working correct !!!

New or not check it and you will see your problem !:notworthy:

Veka

Thank you all, I finally took off new Cap's, clean up old and everything is OK. Wunder Thanks for the idea that the new Cap's can be bad.