• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printhead manifold

inkmed

I know Mutoh VJ1604 head can exchange adaptor (Epson DX5 head), not sure the 1614 head.
Mutoh VJ1614 can only use original head, can not use Epson DX5 head, so, did not have experience about its adaptor.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

dortonracing

Still having big problems, my yellow is getting blue in it really bad. I was told by someone that your not suppose to take the manifold off the print head how true is that? I'm at the point im not sure what to do have wasted all 4 inks cartages trying to fix this thing and have spent a few hunder dollars and still getting the same results. have changed the cap and made sure its draining ok and it is i pumped all the ink out of printer to get all of the blue out of the yellow line, have let the head soak in cleaning solution for over 8 hours and its still missing nozzles when its prints and gets the blue into the yellow. Im near KCMO if you all know of someone that would be able to come to me and work on it, in at point idk what to do. thanks

Robert M

Manifold

I would not take the print head apart. i think your cap top is still not draining and the ink that pools up there is mixing together and wicking back up the head. Make sure both the tubes that come off the pump are clear. They go through a very small diameter connector that can get clogged.
Hold old is the printer?

dortonracing

Printer is almost 3 years old have changed cap once, the 2 lines are good I pulled them off with cap and filled cap with cleanhog solution and it come out eacg line good. I left the head setting on capstation and a eby later the yellow was completely green bladder and all

badouali

am also having same problems with my mimaki jv3 160s.......the yellow going into the blue damper ...... i hope you found the solution to this problem ....i had also tried everything ...now am waiting for my new pumps and caps to change all and see if problem is solved,,,
please keep me posted with any solution...

thanx

romsa

I know Mutoh VJ1604 head can exchange adaptor (Epson DX5 head), not sure the 1614 head.
Mutoh VJ1614 can only use original head, can not use Epson DX5 head, so, did not have experience about its adaptor.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Why VJ1614 can't use Epson DX5 head, it there some firmware block or what?

Roman

Robert M

Dx 5 heads

The Valuejet 1614 will not take just any DX5 head for two reasons. They make some for large format printers which need to have solvent resistant manifolds. Other desk top style DX 5 heads only print out to 17"
So you can't just use any DX 5 head. I have some on my site www.solventinkjet.com

henryp

Printheads for the VJ-1604 and the VJ-1614 are the same, as well as the the ones for the VJ-1204,
VJ-1304, VJ-1304W, VJ-1604W. Mutoh Part Number is DF-49684

heyskull

The manifold on these heads do not have a seal as such but are bonded together in the factory thus making them irreplaceable.
I have seen manifolds for sale but I haven't seen any seals for sale.

But I think your problem sounds like either a cap top blockage, a pump line blockage, a pump blockage or all three.
Easiest thing to eliminate this is to replace the complete maintenance station with a new one.
Or if you want to do a bit of detective work, remove the station and clean all the lines from the pump.
These block very easily if left for any time especially the joiner between the pump tubes and the cap tubes as the joiner reduces the bore of the pipe dramatically.
Make sure the pump is working OK also as that can block and is not an easy job to dismantle.
As with most things preventative measures can help to elevate this problem by periodically placing a little cleaning fluid into the cap top.

SC