• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printhead nativ solution

TA04

Hello Guys!

I have question about printhead...

What is different between printhead with solution 600dpi and 150dp?
I understand only different 600 dpi its faster to print image 1200dpi, only two pass?

And the second question

In the specification from printhead (sample: ricoh gen5) tell: native 7 pico liter and
next row in specification tell: Drop volume range 7 - 35 pico liter

What mea Drop volume range?

I hope someone can help me.THX!!

bilge

Hello Guys!

I have question about printhead...

What is different between printhead with solution 600dpi and 150dp?
I understand only different 600 dpi its faster to print image 1200dpi, only two pass?

And the second question

In the specification from printhead (sample: ricoh gen5) tell: native 7 pico liter and
next row in specification tell: Drop volume range 7 - 35 pico liter

What mea Drop volume range?

I hope someone can help me.THX!!

I assume you're comparing HP latex vs Mimaki latex.

1.Regariding the print resolution, find the quick explanation on youtube:[h=1]HP Thermal Inkjet vs. piezo printheads - the technology behind HP Latex printing[/h]
2. I've never seen ricoh gen5, but it is piezo electric printhead similar to DX, STP and KM.
If it says drop volume 7-35 pl, that means it has capable to produce 7, 14, 21, 28 and 35 pl droplets.
But up to 3 of them used together in one ICC profile. It can be seen on some RIP (I've seen it only on Wasatch).
For example: if your print resolution setting 360x540 dpi, variable drop sizes would be 14, 21, and 35.
If the print resolution is 1440x1440 then it uses only 7 pico liter droplet, means there wouldn't be a much gap between
each drops. I hope you'd understand this is just for orientation, not exact numbers.