• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printhead not firing..

anozira02

print head not firing of cj-500,, when doing a head clean it puts ink into waste bottle ok, goes through the motion of trying do a print test, but does not lay any ink down,, got new head cables, new dampers and capping station. Ink heads have nice spay pattern when I push solvent cleaner through, head board looks good the green light is on..I just don't get it! Can anyone give me some help on this??

anozira02

I even tried switching heads,, the black side (left) head is the only one laying ink down. Both heads pulling ink into capping station, that shows there is plenty ink going through the heads. The only part I have not changed yet is the trailing data cables. Items I changed out already as follows: heads, dampers, capping station, pump, head cables, head board, encoder sensor. My printer also gives me (Illegal Shutdown Turn Off Power) every now and then.. that error message should only happen when shutting down the printer first at the power switch instead shutting it down first with the sub power at the front panel. I am going to keep at it.

Papajo

If a fuse is blown you should have 2 heads missing but maybe the head board could be malfunctioning. The fuses are between the big black horizontal connector that goes to the main board and the big capacitor. Have you tried crossing the head cables ? Just to be sure the problem comes from the boards/cables and not the head ?