Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printhead not firing..

Discussion in 'Roland' started by anozira02, Feb 26, 2013.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    print head not firing of cj-500,, when doing a head clean it puts ink into waste bottle ok, goes through the motion of trying do a print test, but does not lay any ink down,, got new head cables, new dampers and capping station. Ink heads have nice spay pattern when I push solvent cleaner through, head board looks good the green light is on..I just don't get it! Can anyone give me some help on this??

Tags:
  2. cavrom

cavrom New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I have the same problem with my SC500... I changed every spare part... but no ink drop :banghead:

3. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I even tried switching heads,, the black side (left) head is the only one laying ink down. Both heads pulling ink into capping station, that shows there is plenty ink going through the heads. The only part I have not changed yet is the trailing data cables. Items I changed out already as follows: heads, dampers, capping station, pump, head cables, head board, encoder sensor. My printer also gives me (Illegal Shutdown Turn Off Power) every now and then.. that error message should only happen when shutting down the printer first at the power switch instead shutting it down first with the sub power at the front panel. I am going to keep at it.

4. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Have you checked the head fuses?

5. Alpha Star

Alpha Star Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Yeah, was just going to say that. Test the fuses for resistance using an ohm meter.

6. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Now that sounds good,,,, where is it located is it on the main board?

7. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
  8. Papajo

Papajo Member

Apr 4, 2013
    France
    If a fuse is blown you should have 2 heads missing but maybe the head board could be malfunctioning. The fuses are between the big black horizontal connector that goes to the main board and the big capacitor. Have you tried crossing the head cables ? Just to be sure the problem comes from the boards/cables and not the head ?