• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printhead question??

decaljunkie

Is it possible to convert a dx4 water based print head to a solvent print head by changing the manifold to a eco solvent manifold?
has anyone done this before? thanks

FatCat

To my knowledge, you can't use any water based printhead for solvent inks. Apparently Epson makes 2 versions and the main difference is the plastic used. From what I have been told, if you put a water based printhead in a solvent printer, it will work just long enough for the solvent to melt through the channels that are not made of solvent resistant plastic. Might be a few days or weeks depending on the circumstances, but eventually it will start to leak from the solvents.

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
Solvent resistant manifold suitable for Epson DX4 printheads. By replacing this manifold, you can turn a water based Epson DX4 printhead into a solvent resistant part suitable for Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki solvent printers. This manifold is sold together with the rubber ring necessary to adapt to a print head.

This is original text in section MANIFOLD in shop from www.digiprint-supplies.com Belgie. link
http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/head-adapter-for-epson-dx4-printhead.html

heyskull

Sean

I think you can do this on the DX5 print head also by attaching a solvent manifold.
But the manifold is bonded with sealant to the head on the DX5 unlike the DX4 which has replaceable seals.
I would not know how to or what sealant to use on the DX5.

SC

Robert M

DX 4 heads

In the past you could put a solvent manifold on a NEW aqueous DX4 head, flush it and you were good to go. Currently this is no longer true.