• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printheads not working. After cleaning print heads this is a test print!

So I've been having a crazy time with this Roland SP540V.
Bought it as is and I think the heads dried up overnight.

But after cleaning the heads several times and running 10 head cleanings ive restored most of it.
See picture attached anyone have any good ideas to help restore. I really ain't trying to buy new print heads right now.

We have all been there.ha

Having issue attaching photo from phone will place after post

jfiscus

Rap Master
still awaiting your photo, but I'm betting on bad capping station seal, dampers, or clogged drain lines. All will cause bad printing after sitting.
if the heads were good yesterday, they're still good today.

Rolands operate off of some magic that makes the only pump on the machine in the capping station, so if the ink coming from the lines doesn't have a perfect seal all the way to the pump, they wont print right.

get a small vacuum pump or syringe and put some vacuum on the drain lines going down to the pump, see what ink comes out.

jfiscus

Rap Master
hopefully, the head was locked into position when you transported it to its new home?
Have you done the "ink pump up" where you have to remove and insert cartridges a few times? (I think it's in the maintenance menu)

So I've been having a crazy time with this Roland SP540V.
Bought it as is and I think the heads dried up overnight.

But after cleaning the heads several times and running 10 head cleanings ive restored most of it.
See picture attached anyone have any good ideas to help restore. I really ain't trying to buy new print heads right now.

We have all been there.ha

Having issue attaching photo from phone will place after post
Sorry went and got lunch and forgot about it... lol
Here it is..
image.jpg

still awaiting your photo, but I'm betting on bad capping station seal, dampers, or clogged drain lines. All will cause bad printing after sitting.
if the heads were good yesterday, they're still good today.

Rolands operate off of some magic that makes the only pump on the machine in the capping station, so if the ink coming from the lines doesn't have a perfect seal all the way to the pump, they wont print right.

get a small vacuum pump or syringe and put some vacuum on the drain lines going down to the pump, see what ink comes out.

One it was transported we did test prints and made sure it was good.
I'm going to try and do what you said previously.

I appreciate any input.

Whats the best way to pull out and clots that could be in a print head?

jfiscus

Rap Master
One it was transported we did test prints and made sure it was good.
I'm going to try and do what you said previously.

I appreciate any input.

Whats the best way to pull out and clots that could be in a print head?

See the reply you quoted above...
If you need help before Monday, my cell is in a PM to you.

MrSalumi

Thats a vacuum problem. Think of the whole color channel, if you will, like a loop. Start from one end and make your way to the other checking for possible leak points. Specifically; captop seals (or capping position), manifold nipple, Damper, etc..

Try pulling the capping station tube off the pump and apply negative (vacuum) pressure. Listen for leaks or look for air in your syringe. Then try the same thing on the other end at the damper (when its off). DONT PULL NEGATIVE PRESSURE ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD

Good luck!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Any luck yet?
I was busy all weekend, but if you still need help let me know.
Nazdar should have the Roland parts you might need in stock if you think you'll need anything.

The Giraffe

Any luck yet?
I was busy all weekend, but if you still need help let me know.
Nazdar should have the Roland parts you might need in stock if you think you'll need anything.

I can't find any Roland supplies at Nazdar's site. I'm trying to buy reasonably priced cap tops and am not having any luck. The past two vendors I've used have managed to screw up orders.

Suggestions?

player

I have been thinking about replacing the dampers on my SP540V and would also like to know of a low cost supplier of them.

I am wondering if the cheaper dampers are missing the screen or have an inferior screen so they cause the heads to have
problems prematurely.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It was a bad seal on the cap tops and a clogged drain line going down to the pump causing the issues.

When the head "parks" on top of the capping station, it parks a bit too far to the right and the caps are not able to come up and correctly seat on the head.
If you give it a little manual bump with your hand, it'll move over to the left and the caps will seat correctly.

How do you fix the "parking position"? I tried moving the carriage's position on the cable, but that didn't seem to have any effect, and I do not know of any setting that can be changed to correct this.

I can't find any Roland supplies at Nazdar's site. I'm trying to buy reasonably priced cap tops and am not having any luck. The past two vendors I've used have managed to screw up orders.

Suggestions?

Cap tops are easy if someone messes em up they are dumb. What type of print you got?

It was a bad seal on the cap tops and a clogged drain line going down to the pump causing the issues.

When the head "parks" on top of the capping station, it parks a bit too far to the right and the caps are not able to come up and correctly seat on the head.
If you give it a little manual bump with your hand, it'll move over to the left and the caps will seat correctly.

How do you fix the "parking position"? I tried moving the carriage's position on the cable, but that didn't seem to have any effect, and I do not know of any setting that can be changed to correct this.

Yea thanks jfiscus I appreciate you coming out to help me with my printer. Blue still has a few issues but not as bad as it was before.

I know that carriage position was off by a tad-bit causing it sometimes not to cap right with the capping station.
Things are looking good right now i'm 98% with a few nozzles not firing but nothing that's crazy.

Also I will keep you in mind for some Illustrator work.

:)