• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing a 30 foot wrap

Zambookajoe

Ok this is my first big run with my new jv33, im printing a 10foot by 30foot full print, my problem is I have my design made at half scale 300dpi when I want to save it as a tiff file it says some tiif viewers might have a problem with this file and when I try to put it in Rasterlink there is no image.

what should I do, tried saving it as an other format but it will only let me save as a PSB, Raw or Tiff but Tiff wont work

the file as 2.8gigs, should I go down on the dpi

the trailer is all striping no images and one logo

Mitch

Ski Sign

Are you using photoshop? Save it as a jpg, 150 dpi, max, setting '10' in the jpg save dialog box that pops up. That setting is visually indistinguiashable from the max setting. This works well enough for 4'x8' photo panels that we do all the time, it ought to work work equally as well for stripes and a logo, even at that size. Better yet, save at a few different resolutions, and test print a strip of the final print that includes stripes and part of the logo to see if it is acceptable resolution. You may even be able to go lower res than 150. Hope that helps. We have the JV33-130, but RIP through Wasatch, so I don't know the deal w Rasterlink. Also it seems to me that something that is only stripes and a logo could be done and saved as vector artwork. Is this a possibility? This will make a vastly smaller file than what you have w your tiff image.

Cmind335

It all boils down to what software you're using to create the artwork. I use Corel (mostly) nad I've printed wraps that big at 60dpi JPEG and look great. I also agree with "Ski Sign", if you can go vector that's the way to go.

thewood

Keep the design vector if possible. Also, it sounds like you need to flatten your image prior to saving. Then you should have more export choices.

Half scale at 300 ppi is probably overkill. 72ppi at full size should be fine.

Zambookajoe

I down sized the file at 1.1 gigs or so and exported as a tiff, and its printing right now seems fine, I guess Ive been printing other stuff at too high resolution. Lol oh well