• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing a color instead of nothing

Designer Wraps

Mutoh 1614
using Flexi8.6

I've had this problem for a while and have just dealt with it after going through support with no avail (though I wasn't very persistent).

Anyway, now that I'm printing more banners than ever with a ton of WHITE SPACE in between logos, I'm tired of running through 440's in 4 days.

Can anyone tell me or has this happened to anyone that has fixed this issue?

Instead of skipping ahead and not printing anything, it's printing a slight cream/yellowish color.

It doesn't matter which profile/material I use - and I do use the correct ones for each material - it always does this.

Help if you can.

Thanks!

dbenec

our epsons will do that if the simulation profile is turned on - like it's printing the paper color - which you would want to turn off in your case.

not sure where you would do that in your setup though.

Designer Wraps

That makes sense, but looking in my PM, Simulation is set to "None". So I'm not sure what's up. Though I checking another file now and going to play with some settings.

noregrets

Check your colour adjustments, not too sure about your rip/driver setup, but you will most likely have the yellow upped a bit...

Designer Wraps

but you will most likely have the yellow upped a bit...

Nope. It's not. Again, if there is 'no color' in the file - I don't understand why it's printing a color. It should NOT print anything. I had a 1204 prior to this one and it worked great. It skipped over white (no color) areas like it's supposed to.

I just talked the Co that sold me the printer and everyone tells me it's a profile issue and that I need to buy media from them. I told them if it's a profile why does it also do it on the same media they sell (which is higher than everyone else anyway, but that's another story). Whether it's 3M, Oracal, Avery - WITH PROPER PROFILES - it does the same thing.

ugggg

Designer Wraps

it's not the file.

I just updated my RIP software ... still doing it. I wish I could figure this out. I finally got some support - we'll see what happens.

Designer Wraps

Alright so who knows how long it's going to take for support to get back to me while my ink flows like water ...

If anyone has anything else they can think of for me to try, please let me know ... it's appreciated!!

What file type(s) are you sending to the RIP? Are they raster files, such as TIF or JPG, or Postscript files, such as EPS or PDF?

The rendering intent used for raster/ vector data sets can cause this issue- do not use Absolute Colorimetric rendering intent as it can cause this problem.

Designer Wraps

Any type does the same thing jpg, tiff, esp, pdf ... doesn't matter what the file is.

RI is:
Bitmap = Perceptual
the rest = Relative Colormetric

Are you creating these files in FlexiSIGN, and then putputting them via the RIP+Print window?

The other option is to save the data in an appropriate file format (EPS, TIF etc), and then brin that file directly into the Production Manager RIP via File Menu > Add Job.

My real question is whether the problem is happening in areas where there are white pixels only, or in areas where there is no data, such as around a pure vector file.

Designer Wraps

That's a good idea. I will try it.

Answer - either way, it happens (created in Flexi or imported). Pixel and no data. That's what's throwing me - it just does not make sense.

Ok support just had me do a TEST PRINT / PALLETTE from the printer itself and from what I can tell, it printed perfectly with no yellowish tint.

So now, I guess, I know it's a software/RIP issue.

Designer Wraps

Got it. It was a Firmware issue on the printer. Upgraded that, plus they did some other crazy stuff inside of a file somewhere, and now it's fixed. Working like it should. Why didn't I raise hell months ago? ;o

Thanks for your help here guys!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Actually this was an issue in the rip not on the printer. I updated the firmware since I was on the phone. The fact that the printer's internal Palette test printed without any issues shows this.