• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing a Photo 20X30

82R909

I have a VP-540 has anyone printed on photo paper? All i have done is vinyl... What is a good media to print on? Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced

82R909

Any suggestions on media? Plz any1 thats printed a good lookin picture on photo media i need some help

Bill43mx

We've had good results printing on InteliCoat Postermax paper. You can get a 54" by 20 foot roll from Fellers for $20 to try it out. Much cheaper than the Roland paper.

The nice thing about using Roland photo paper(s) is the profiles are already done for you...easy if you don't do a lot of photo printing or do the profile(s) yourself.
FYI - You may find some paper(s) don't dry well and you may have to handle carefully when freshly printed (this is where custom profiles help)

ecoleejr

We have been having good results from the Shil photo paper using the shil profiles.
Jason at All-square can get you the stock and profiles.

signpro

Manager
i've used my SP540 on photo paper, quite a bit actually. i like it. prints out fairly impressive. i've got a few hanging on my livingroom wall that i printed out actually... framed, etc. and some more in the bedroom of my cars that i've taken. my point is, the quality is good enough for showing off. infact, we print posters for a local business for advertising at their stores. doing up 12 more posters later this week. they frame them, and hang them in the entry way.

i personally did not like the Roland Photopaper samples that came with my printer... I DID like the Neschan brand that came as samples, so i ordered another roll of it (54"x164'), Satin Photo Paper, Part # NES6025065, price was fair for what it is. i think they also sell a half roll as well.

82R909

Thanks for the replys now to start calling in for some samples... I just needed to know where to start. Thanks for the advice!