• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing a reflective decal

tintgirl2000

OK guys...ya'll always have the answer. I have to print some decals for fire dept., reflective of course. I know I need to use reflective white and I will be using my Edge. It is 4 spot colors. What foils do I use? Does it require me to buy special foils for this?
Give me an idea of my best bet on the refective vinyl as well.
Thanks

Malkin

CMYK inks (& foils) are naturally translucent. You could print the art as cmyk (a setting in the print dialog) or or change the color fills manually beforehand.

Other than that, you may need to buy trans foils, but there not that many to choose from.

Tip: The Sunflower Yellow foil from ZeroNine's NexGen series is very translucent, even though it is not labeled as such.

iSign

most non translucent colors allow some reflectivity to show through, as mentioned above, and this is true with Gerber foils as well

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Gerber 280i reflective prints nice. You need to print with your CMYK or transparent foils for the printed color to be reflective.