• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Abrassion guard with Roland PC-60

packman

Hi all,
Don't know if this should be on the Roland section or the flesign forum, but here goes.

I need to add an abrassion guard to prints on the pc-60. I have an abrassion guard refill as I couldn't find an original cassette.
Due to this there is no proper barcode sticker for it.
I called the company that I bought the refill from and they said I could use any barcode on it. So lets say if I use a black barcode I need to tell flesign to print black, but then it will print the abbrasion guard.

But does anyone know the method for over printing in flexisign. Because if I just tell it to print it as a colour it won't over print.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers Mark

Sign Works

You can put the ribbon in a spot color cartridge & assign that spot color in the artwork for your abbrasion guard then in flexi's RIP "Driver Options" select "Pause For Spot Color". Better yet do what I do and actually film laminate EVERYTHING that comes off the Colorcamm.

packman

Thanks for that.
I did think about film laminate, but how does that work with realigning?
Once the print has finished, if I take it out, I've noticed that when I put it back in again to cut it doesn't find the same position.

Cheers Mark

Sign Works

Thanks for that.
I did think about film laminate, but how does that work with realigning?
Once the print has finished, if I take it out, I've noticed that when I put it back in again to cut it doesn't find the same position.

Cheers Mark

I simply put down strips of masking tape to indicate the sides and leading edge of the vinyl placement and hit "base point" on the printer before print and after reloading the laminated prints. You can also use a pen/sharpie to put down alignment marks on the vinyl and masking tape, very easy actually and dosen't have to be dead on but this gets it really close. I am working on a PC-600 so there may be some differences.