• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing All Night... PC Multi Tasking...

player

I have 2 monitors. I have VersaWorks open and printing, I have Skype video running with a window open so I can hear and see my printer running in the other room. After years of having to manually deal with the prints I have a Supply55 take up reel running. I have about 20 web tabs open in Firefox, Corel 15 open, and I am streaming movies on the other monitor... This is progress from the 286 running Win3.1 with a 15" monitor.

Mike001

why don't you use remote desktop to the work computer?
It would allow you to control the pc as if you were in front of it. Tis what I do.
My workshop is down the back, I control it from my office in my house... or tablet if watching tv.

player

My PC is in one room, but the printer is in another room, connected by a network.

I just use the laptop in the printer room to see the printer. I run everything from my design room.

Z SIGNS

Pretty cool !
What do you do if something goes wrong that you you need to be there to fix ?

player

Pretty cool !
What do you do if something goes wrong that you you need to be there to fix ?

I run!

Fortunately the Roland SP540V has never really let me down in that way... Before I got the winder I would always be back and forth to roll up the print manually. If anything goes wrong like it runs out of ink it stops and chirps. Once it ran out of a colour and kept printing. I noticed it and was able to cut some vinyl letters to fix it.