• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing an Illuminated fascia on our Valuejet

heyskull

We are printing an illuminated acrylic fascia.
I was going to print onto clear and apply to white acrylic.
The question is do I have to put down more ink to allow for the opacity.
I have noticed on our rip (wasatch) that you there is an overprint function which allows upto 9 times!

SC

Junkie

Yes you do. Colors will look dull and black will look muddy green. We double strike with an 8 pass when we do clear vinyl for acrylic faces. I cannot see when you would ever need to hit more than twice, but different printers may require more than 2 strikes. Print a sample on clear using a regular (1 strike) setting and print one right after it with a double strike. Make sure there is a area of black in them. Then stick the sample on a lighted box sign or overhead floureescents and you will be able to see the difference right away. We usually have to print color samples prior to printing on all clear because double striking layes down more ink so colors are always different. Charge a lot for printing on clear. We just printed two 4' x 8' clear prints, 8 pass, double stricked the other day for a 2 sided cabinet and it took us about 2.5 hours to print on a jv3.