• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing an image need to lighten the color

I know Fred has hit on this for me before but here goes.. I need to lighten this image..The color filters are as pictured (worked best with the last images I printed of a plane flying in the sky).. The girl on the far Left is CMY.. the center is CMYK 300dpi, Right one is CMYK 600dpi..

I've tried various ways with what appears to be no success.. I played with all the numbers and printed dozens of images.. The lightest on is the one I turned off the Black when printing (does the edge compensate when you turn off Black?)

If someone can suggest a starting point on what I need to lighten the girl similar to what is on the screen I'd sure appreciate it :thankyou:

Attachments

• IMG_0201 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0201 (Large).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0203 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0203 (Large).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0207 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0207 (Large).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 149

romichoux

you have to download the ICC profil which corresponds to your media.

what printer do you use?
Do you export your picture in CMYK and not in RGB?

I went into Gsp plot under print options, I deselected black as a color to use while printing..in other words , I told it to print using only Cyan, magenta, yellow.. Gerber Edge2 , windows7
When doing this does it darken the other colors to compensate for no black?

It did seem lighter when using all 4 colors until the black printed.. That's why I opted not to use black.. Should I have just not inserted black rather than deselect it?

Last edited:

Tony Teveris

In GSPPLOT you should try selecting a color profile (ICC file) that specifies CMY (no K). That type of profile will attempt to compensate to no black. If you selected a CMYK profile and just said not to print black it should have been a little lighter. The key is based on the original image how much black is really generated via the profile.

If you have Omega 4 or 5 you can use the image tools with in Composer to lighten up the image.

You could also play with the original file's ICC profile, selecting a different one that may cause the image to lighten up.

For me I like to keep my profile setup (workflow) the same and in this case lighten the image itself.