• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing an Image on a Gerber Edge

I just got my Edge up and running and I'm also new to Flexi (I have 8.1). If I have a jpeg that is only 3 or 4 colors and I want to print it on the Edge using spot colors, how to I go about doing that? I've been trying to figure it out and I can't make it happen! The dog is what I'm trying to print.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 120

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In order to print using spot colors, you would have to have a vector version of the dog. Raster images can only be printed using 4 color process or a single color.

signgirl

I use flexi 7.6 with my gerber edge. If you go to bezier and trace the image it will make it a vector then you can use spot color

wmshuman

Alternatively, you can download a program called Vector Magic and let it do the vectorizing for you. It is actually very accurate and your design time/cost goes way down. I vectorized the logo for you. Obviously, it does need minor fixes but it is way better than starting from scratch.

Attachments

• camp_HH.pdf
    177.9 KB · Views: 145

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Now that you have a vector image with colors touching colors, you're ready to learn about overprinting, color shifting, chokes, spreads and traps. :omg: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Now that you have a vector image with colors touching colors, you're ready to learn about overprinting, color shifting, chokes, spreads and traps. :omg: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Ah the learning never ends. But hey, I had to start somewhere and the Edge was in my price range. The little guy has impressed me though, it is very good at certain things. It may take more time to set up and run but I have no complaints so far.

Alternatively, you can download a program called Vector Magic and let it do the vectorizing for you. It is actually very accurate and your design time/cost goes way down. I vectorized the logo for you. Obviously, it does need minor fixes but it is way better than starting from scratch.

Thank you for that! I am looking this program up right now... looks like it would be a good investment.