• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing an object that's not there

bentotdagr3at

I'm trying to print 50' banners and for some reason when I rip and print, it prints something that's not there (wide rectangle). I ripped a pdf file and it printed an object close to the start so that was fine. Then I tried an eps file and it printed another object 8 feet in.

I rechecked my original file to make sure that there is nothing in there and resaved it.

I am now printing a tif file and so far so good with 6 feet printed.

Anybody had this experience?

I'm using Onyx 7.3 and Mimaki JV33

Forgot to mention that I printed a 48' banner using a vector file with the same artwork.

Jillbeans

I know NOTHING about digital prints.
But I was wondering (and you probably did do this)
In your program, did you try "select all" and view in wireframe? It might be some weird thing in there that doesn't show up in full color view.
Or have you tried copying and pasting only the item you want into a new file?
Remember, I don't know anything about stuff like this so I probably sound even more idiotic than usual.
Love....Jill

Circleville Signs

Does your graphic have alot of effects in it, AKA gradients and drop shadows? If so, does this "object" appear around those effects?

If so, it sounds like your effects were not saved at a high enough resolution. Change them to vectors, and then export as a .TIFF. Should fix the problem.

Gary

bentotdagr3at

Does your graphic have alot of effects in it, AKA gradients and drop shadows? If so, does this "object" appear around those effects?

If so, it sounds like your effects were not saved at a high enough resolution. Change them to vectors, and then export as a .TIFF. Should fix the problem.

Gary

No effects at all.
I checked every object and nothing.

I'm halfway through the print now and so far the tif is working great.

Jillbeans- I did do that and no misplaced objects there.

rwinninger

I have had that problem before i take into Photoshop convert to JPG or Tiff and it's gone when I print.

WB

what program was the images created in? Sounds like a text box or a gradient issues, Try flattening the file and saving it as a Tif. or JPG.