• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing and cutting magnetic material

GoTeez

I am trying to find the best way to print and plotter cut my magnets. I have been farming it out only to protect my equipment. We have been getting some rather larger orders for them and I feel like we are leaving $ on the table. What is everyone using?

Here is what I own--
64" Mutoh 1638
30" Roland VersaCamm
40" Mutoh (older unit that has steel heater)
54" Mutoh Plotter

Any help is appreciated!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need a flatbed cutter to cut magnet and it is highly recommended that you don't print directly to magnet on a roll to roll machine. If you want to make magnets you are going to need to print on vinyl and apply it on the magnet or get a flatbed printer. You can cut square magnets easily by hand but any other contour cut like shapes will require a flatbed cutter.

2B

You need a flatbed cutter to cut magnet and it is highly recommended that you don't print directly to magnet on a roll to roll machine. If you want to make magnets you are going to need to print on vinyl and apply it on the magnet or get a flatbed printer. You can cut square magnets easily by hand but any other contour cut like shapes will require a flatbed cutter.

Exactly, what Vander says

We print our vinyl with a zero margin, use the laminator to stick to the magnet and then hand cut a sharp blade with a straight edge.Very fast

boxerbay

we have the FC8000 and found the magnetic material eats $100 blades like crazy. We usually outsource anything thats not square.
direct printing using the solvent printer created a wavy pattern from the magentism. On the flatbed we can print directly.

I have printed magnetic materials on roll to roll as well as flatbed printers. It works great either way. Cutting large volumes of it would probably be best to use a flatbed cutter. We use a Zund.

Danr2c2

Anyone got a supplier for 15 mil or less magnetic material without a printable layer? All the magnetic rolls I come across have a printable layer.

We have a Latex 110 and an FC8600 but I prefer to print onto vinyl and laminate to the magnets and then cut. I only need to cut squares and rectangles.

I see some people saying they're able to cut magnetic material on their FC8600. Anyone willing to explain how they got it to work?

Thanks in advance!