• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing and cutting on imitation large engine turned gold

Gary1

Hi. I have a Summa S2 T160 and a Mimaki JV150-160. I am printing Black outlines and shadows on text
on this imitation gold vinyl. Can the Summa be calibrated to know the difference between the vinyl's gold color and the printed Black crop mark? To date I've been printing on material with about a 70% success rate at cutting. The printer would print the crop marks then I would cut 1.5" squares out of white vinyl and cut out a 1/8" square dead center and remove the 1/8" cut square place the whole 1.5" weeded piece of vinyl over the printed crop mark so you could see the crop mark thru the 1/8" cut out. Very very time consuming to place all these cut outs everywhere. Sometimes the cuts would be good and sometimes not. Do any of you print and cut on this imitation gold leaf and how do You do it? And how is your success rate?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I just did this on my Graphtec....I had to put white around the marks in order to get it to see the lines.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's not reflective?
You can try the media calibration but may not work... You just have to calibrate the black color and the substrate.

MikePro

it can tell the difference, but metallics and reflectives have an issue scanning because the light gets scattered/garbled between the laser/surface/photoeye and throws random fits.... i just throw a piece of white masking tape on the marks and redraw the line with a pen and it scans just fine everytime,