• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing and Cutting with the L25500

ProColorGraphics

I am running a L25500 and a FC8000 off of Caldera VisualRIP+. Has anyone done any print and cut work from this? I did a print with the marks, but haven't figured out how to set up the cutter to read them and cut it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

HulkSmash

Hey Matt.
You have to create a New Swatch in illustrator.
Make the swatch color - "CutContour" Select a color - i use hot pink, and make sure it's a SPOT color.

outline, or stroke what you want cut in illustrator. then import into caldera, if you did the cutline right, when you open the file, it'll show a sizzors icon on the thumbnail.

drag it to the laxtex icon, then go to setup, there's a contour cut tab, make sure that's checked, and then make sure registration marks is selected as well.

i usually send everything to nest. Then go the the spool and send it to print. After it prints, you can then cut it. By the way, the settings in caldera, override your manual setting on the plotter, so make sure you choose the right pressure and speed in the RIP

good luck.

ProColorGraphics

Hi Coloradosigns.

I do have that part. It does everything up to the point when I hit the "cut" button. I just get an error on the cutter like it can't read the marks.

My marks print out like "crop marks". Is that correct? On all of the videos that I have watched theirs look like they are opposite and boxing the image in. Mine also prints marks all along the side and not in just the corners. I do have my cutter setup as an FC8000, so I think it should work, but it's not.

nate

By the way, the settings in caldera, override your manual setting on the plotter, so make sure you choose the right pressure and speed in the RIP

If you don't want this to happen, simply uncheck the boxes next to the values in the Visual Cut on the cutter configuration screen. Anything you uncheck will default to the panel on the cutter.

nate

Hi Coloradosigns.

I do have that part. It does everything up to the point when I hit the "cut" button. I just get an error on the cutter like it can't read the marks.

My marks print out like "crop marks". Is that correct? On all of the videos that I have watched theirs look like they are opposite and boxing the image in. Mine also prints marks all along the side and not in just the corners. I do have my cutter setup as an FC8000, so I think it should work, but it's not.

That's how it does it for the FC8000. However, you need to change some settings on your FC8000. Call Ernst at the tech support number to get him to send you the instructions.

ProColorGraphics

I did get him to email the instructions. I went through all of the steps and made all of the changes that he sent, but still had no luck. I seen on the cutter that there are 2 types of crop marks. Should I have it set on type 1 or type 2?

Also, on mine it prints out multiple crop marks around the image, not just the 4 corners. When I did an ARMS test on the cutter, it read the first corner mark but was messed up by the first mark that was printed in the middle.

jimmeth411

I had similar problems recently. I use the type 2 marks, also had to adjust the sensitivity of the ARMS sensor. I talked to Vinh at Graphtec tech, and he was a great help. I still have some PDF files he sent over for adjustments. PM me with your email and I can send them to ya

Desert_Signs

I did get him to email the instructions. I went through all of the steps and made all of the changes that he sent, but still had no luck. I seen on the cutter that there are 2 types of crop marks. Should I have it set on type 1 or type 2?

Also, on mine it prints out multiple crop marks around the image, not just the 4 corners. When I did an ARMS test on the cutter, it read the first corner mark but was messed up by the first mark that was printed in the middle.

Are you going to the 3rd tab and selecting "cutting on"? Crop marks are in the 2nd tab and don't do anything for your plotter.

ProColorGraphics

I was able to get it to read the crop marks, sometime. The times it does, it goes back to the start and just sits there and says "working" on the display.

Yes, I have the crop marks on and the cutting enabled.

Power T Graphix

I am getting the Mark Scan Error that reads"

Moving Destination is out of area"

Can anyone tell me what this means or which setting I need to adjust. Graphtec told me it was a caldera issue, but I think they are wrong. I cant figure it out and am about to go crazy.

Thanks

Travis Kitts

Power T Graphix

ProColorGraphics

I am getting the Mark Scan Error that reads"

Moving Destination is out of area"

Can anyone tell me what this means or which setting I need to adjust. Graphtec told me it was a caldera issue, but I think they are wrong. I cant figure it out and am about to go crazy.

Thanks

Travis Kitts

Power T Graphix

Is that error code listed in the trouble shooting part of the graphtec manual? I haven't seen that one. Mine ended up being that it was set to the read the wrong type of registration mark. And the first cutter I got was broke. Got a new one shipped in and setup and it works.

I just get where if it goes through the scanning process too slowly, it will freeze after it reads the marks.

pjfmeister

Graphtec fc8000

Put a piece of scotch tape over each of ur registration marks to cut down on the glare
Set arms sensor to X-70 Y-80

If using 3m material very few problems with cutter finding marks
Ora al gloss with lam will never cut without covering reg marks

I just purchased this plotter and have been less than impressed with the ARMS sensor...POS

Constant workarounds and adjustments when contour cutting....no real workflow

ProColorGraphics

It's not a matter of it finding the marks, it's a matter of it cutting them out where the cuts are supposed to be. Now the cutting head on mine is loose, so all of my cuts look like they were cut out by hand. Hopefully this thing will be on its way back soon and a new Summa will be on its way.

Hi there, guys. Have anyone noticed the Graphtec FC8000 reading only three crop marks instead of 4 out of Caldera? I also see that the cutter drops the blade after cutting each element like it usually does in the beginning of the job to position the blade properly.
If anyone had the same problem please let me know if there any solution.

Thanks a lot.
Andrey