• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing apparel on you UV flatbed?

Lemsanc

We have an Hp FB750, the thing is a workhorse. We have put practically anything through it and it prints just fine. I was wondering if anybody has tried printing apparel such as T-shirt or polos on the machine. Not planning on making a business out of it but clients occasional want a few uniforms and the vendor I used is super unreliable.

My concern is that UV ink isn’t really known for being flexible, how would that fare when washed?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
wouldn't waste your time.
"uv ink isn't flexible" well it doesn't work like that. you're printing onto cotton or something, It's not coated, the ink will be absorbed. I've tried it before.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We've done it as well... it looks great upon first print, but fades maybe 50% per wash and gets blurrier each time.
UV is not suitable for garments unfortunately.
Dye sub is the way to go for this sort of thing. You can easily get into the market for <$5k for low volume production.

ToTo

Professional Support
Never ever print with uv ink onto wearable textile. You can’t control how ink is cured in the fiber. And uncured uv ink is known for the risk of cancer.

WildWestDesigns

I wouldn't go into dye sub if this isn't going to be a business avenue for you.

I do like some aspects of it, but it has it's cons and those cons don't necessarily work for those that are doing low volume.