• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing around 1500 sq. ft. per day on value jet need help!

jlarkin1982

I am looking to buy some new printers because my value jets just can not keep up. What is a good option for printing 1500+ sq. ft in posters a day. I need a printer with good quality but needs to crank out media. Any one have a any ideas?

graphixtogo

Mutoh has the new 1618 Dual Head machine with 480 sq ft per hour capability. If you already have ValueJets, why not stick with the same brand for consistency and less of a learning curve...

I would invest in a real production printer that can handle the volume and much more.

1500 s/f can be done in less than an hour with real firepower.....1080 dpi non the less..

Mutohs, Mimakis and Roland will never get the throughput you need. Not to mention the insane ink costs...

luggnut

I would invest in a real production printer that can handle the volume and much more.

1500 s/f can be done in less than an hour with real firepower.....1080 dpi non the less..

Mutohs, Mimakis and Roland will never get the throughput you need. Not to mention the insane ink costs...

yep if budget is not a concern.. go with one of the big daddy's. i don't know much about them (merritt does though) because i couldn't afford one. so i would ask him.

jlarkin1982

What would you suggest?

kev3232

a guy has a vutek uv down the street and he say's with a high quality output, he's getting about 250-300sf an hour. we did a few wraps with the uv, didn't care for it.
and this guys knows his stuff, he's been beta testing machines for vutek for years.

We get over 1800 s/f/h on our QSR with better quality than any Mutoh Mimaki or Roland at 720. right down to 4 pt text.

Sounds like the guy getting 25-300 s/f/h has an older press vu 200/600 those inks do not flex at all either.