• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing around 1500 sq. ft. per day on value jet need help!

threeputt

I would invest in a real production printer that can handle the volume and much more.

1500 s/f can be done in less than an hour with real firepower.....1080 dpi non the less..

Mutohs, Mimakis and Roland will never get the throughput you need. Not to mention the insane ink costs...

With all due respect, the OP stated he's printing around 1500 sq.ft. per day . Why would he need a printer to print that volume in an hour? Seems like maybe two XC's would do it ($50,000. vs. 300k)

Rooster

With all due respect, the OP stated he's printing around 1500 sq.ft. per day . Why would he need a printer to print that volume in an hour? Seems like maybe two XC's would do it ($50,000. vs. 300k)

The redundancy of two machines is also an attractive feature in the case of a machine being down for repairs. That's a lot of volume to come to a screeching halt if the only production machine breaks down.

Device link profiles would ensure color matches when jobs are split amongst multiple printers.

MachServTech

Does anyone have an opinion on the seiko h-104 as a true production printer?

Its ok but you are better off with two ColorPainter 64s (HP 9000s) because the media handling on the seiko 104 (HP 10000) is a major pain and sometimes does not track straight, but if you really need 80" or 98" banners it will do the job well, just don't ask it for more than 5 hrs production a day at 176 sqft per hr.

The newer seikos are much faster and better quality for production.

Robert M

Seiko H-104S

Jlarkin1982

I have one installed in Michigan if you would like to speak to an enduser

shoot me an email for more info

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
we LOVE our 104" Seiko Colorpainter, that thing cranks out some great prints at an incredible speed. Nothing in that price range can hang! 8 color also give us a huge competitive advantage. AJ 1000 prints are no where near as nice

SE SignSupply

Its ok but you are better off with two ColorPainter 64s (HP 9000s) because the media handling on the seiko 104 (HP 10000) is a major pain and sometimes does not track straight, but if you really need 80" or 98" banners it will do the job well, just don't ask it for more than 5 hrs production a day at 176 sqft per hr.

The newer seikos are much faster and better quality for production.

The machine he asked about is the new Seiko...

http://www.seiko-i.com/products/graphics/colorpainter_h-104s/index.html