• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing b&w line drawings

John L

After miles of prints, my old hp design jet 550 (36"). Just bit it. Any recommendation for a cheap dedicated 36" printer to be used for Printing b&w line drawings for permit use only? I prefer roll feed and a cutter, and affordable cartridges of course... Any ideas?

SignManiac

Wish I could help you John, but I'm at a loss for suggestions. Technology has changed a bit over the years. At least the new stuff should be less expensive.

signage

John do you print alot of engineering drawings?

If not why not use a pen in you plotter, like we did when they fist came out.

LittleSnakey

Just saw a old design jet on ebay cheep. we do them once in awhile on our roland vp but its overkill for drawings we just do them for friends when they need vendor drawings printed.

John L

Thanks folks. Yes Signage I really do. We create line drawings and also are emailed many drawings from others that we use for permit procurement purposes. They are just basic cad drawings of buildings, signs, site plans, text, schedules, dimensions, etc, black and white line drawings, and i also used to use a pen plotter to print them out years ago too. Nowadays the small text doesnt work so well with pen plotting, and also the speed is kind of an issue. My older HP injet was a dinosaur but it was very fast. Sometimes we need to make a few changes and head right out the door so inkjet works best.

Thanks though. I'll start checking around the net and see whats done nowadays for this.